The System Administrator II (SA2) is responsible for the duties of SA1 as well as project management, advanced server admin tools and scripting. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values.
All resumes should be sent to [email protected] by the close of business August 14th.
- Server installation and configuration.
- Server admin tools (Active Directory (AD), Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), Group Policy Management (GP)).
- Network troubleshooting (connectivity, DNS lookups, routing, VPN).
- Scripting (Windows Powershell, VBscript, HTML).
- VMware maintenance.
- Project management of new products and product upgrades.
- Maintains upgrades and enhances all system equipment and software.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of existing hardware and software in use to maximize efficiency of the network and users’ utilization of them.
- Responsible for telephone system maintenance/upgrades.
- Installs new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third parties when necessary.
- Adds and maintains users on the network; assigns application access, ensures security, and maintains their configurations within standards.
- Assists in installation/configuration of workstations and printers on the LAN.
- Provides written documentation on process/procedures.
- Monitors and reports licenses on applications to ensure compliance.
- Installs and tests all patches that are applied on servers.
- Monitors and respond to LAN and network issues.
- Monitors and assists PC/LAN systems security; collaborates concerning data security.
- Maintenance of system PCs, servers
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of business applications
- Assists in providing computer/network support relating to software and hardware problems reported by users.
- Logs all client and 3rd party support communication into ticketing system.
- Maintains an adequate level of knowledge of operating systems and application software being used to provide high levels of support to users.
- Monitors and evaluates efficiency of software/hardware usage, providing information to be covered in training of users, making them more efficient.
- Functions as a resource for software and hardware systems users; communicates with system users to maintain PC/LAN operating environments.
- Maintains a leading-edge knowledge base for PC/LANs and software applications.
- Attends conferences and training as needed to learn new and current systems and procedures.
- Establishes rapport with users and promotes independent computing skills.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Authority policies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Meets or exceeds applicable job-related HUD performance standards particularly PHAS.
- Responsible for safety while performing all facets of job and observes all Housing Authority safety procedures, as well as all local, state, and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in a related field of study from a four year accredited college or university or five years information systems/network administration experience, including teaching or training in networking and software applications.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to research complex issues and develop solutions.
- Ability to document project plan and status.
- Knowledge of Windows and LAN operating systems.
- Knowledge of virtualization software such as VMWare.
- Proven ability to identify problems and solve them.
- 3 years of Yardi Voyager 6/7s, or a comparable system, administration experience is strongly preferred.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with laws, regulations, and guidelines governing system administration.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing systems and practices.
- Must be able to communicate policies, procedures, regulations, reports, etc. to employees.
- Familiarity with PC workstations, equipment, and software.
- Competency in word processing and filing systems.
- Ability to learn and administrate additional technologies as implemented within the lan environment.
- Functionality in multiple network software platforms.
- Competency in Windows operating systems.
- Ability to enter and access information, using a computer.
- Must be able to solve problems independently.
- Ability to write and develop appropriate policies and procedures for operations and compliance.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including knowledge of Word, Excel, and related applications.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical functions.
- Ability to write and proofread materials for accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with the general public, applicants, residents and staff.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and work independently.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and timely reports.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS OPERATED
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Standard office equipment.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires availability to work beyond normal workday.
- Work environment consists substantially of indoor office activities performed in a heated/air conditioned setting.
- Occasional travel to various work locations in all weather conditions.
- Position requires the need to walk, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires stooping, bending, crouching and/or reaching for files or tools.
- Frequent repetitive hand movement (e.g. typing).
- May lift, carry and/or push up to 30 pounds.
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable according to agency guidelines only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
- Chicago, IL
- System Administrator II
- FLSA Exempt