Community Choice Program
Help People Live Where They Can Thrive
Community Choice Program (Mobility)
Neighborhood is everything when it comes to economic mobility. HACC's Community Choice Program helps households with Housing Choice Vouchers move to communities with high-performing schools, job opportunities, and low crime rates. Our designated mobility counselors provide briefings and trainings to interested participants to educate them on the benefits of making moves to these Opportunity Areas and assist them in their search for housing. Qualified tenants can receive assistance with their security deposits, and landlords who are new to the program can receive a cash incentive.
Nuts and Bolts of the HCV Program Landlord Virtual Coffee Chat
Landlords who have not previously rented to an HCV tenant in a qualifying Opportunity Area (see below for a map of qualifying areas) are eligible for a one-time incentive of $500 for their first Opportunity Area lease-up. Participating landlords who successfully refer another landlord in an Opportunity Area to the program can receive a referral fee of $250. These are both one-time incentives.
Other Community Choice Program benefits for landlords:
• Individualized tenant referrals
• Tenants in HCV Good Standing
• Expedited HCV lease-up process
• Expedited HQS Inspections process
• Additional Support (Mediation & Resolution)
• Regularly scheduled direct deposit HAP payments on tenant’s behalf
• Referral of tenants who have attended CCP workshops that improve tenants & their families’ relationships with our communities; with our property managers & with our landlords….
For more information please email [email protected]
Cook County's Opportunity Areas (shown in blue)
How to Get Started
If your property qualifies for this program and would like to rent to one of our participants email [email protected] Please provide the address to the property and a description, and we can help you find a suitable tenant. You may also list your property at www.ilhousingsearch.org.List Your Property at IL Housing Search