Community Choice Program
Help People Live Where They Can Thrive
Community Choice Program (Mobility)
Believing where people live plays a big role in how successful they will be in life, federal officials want to help more voucher holders escape high-poverty, high-crime areas by removing barriers to wealthier, safer neighborhoods with good schools. HACC participates in a mobility counseling pilot program which provides counseling and incentives to families who enroll. The HACC has worked diligently on expanding its internal mobility counseling program over the past few years. The Agency has developed new marketing materials and resource guides for both landlords and participants. Staff has been conducting briefings to educate participants on the benefits of making opportunity moves.
Nuts and Bolts of the HCV Program Landlord Virtual Coffee Chat
Landlords on the HACC program that have never leased up a tenant, and their unit is in one of the areas of opportunity listed below, are eligible for a one-time Incentive of $500. A landlord already on our program, can refer a new landlord and receive a Referral Fee of $250. These are both one-time incentives.
Community Choice Program benefits for landlords:
• IndividualizedTenant Referrals
• Tenants in HCV Good Standing
• Expedited HCV Lease-up Process
• Expedited HQS Inspections Process
• Additional Support (Mediation & Resolution)
• Regularly scheduled HAP payments on tenant’s behalf
• Receipt of tenants who have attended CCP workshops that enhance & improve tenants & their families’ relationships with our communities; with our property managers & with our landlords….
For more information please email [email protected]
How to Get Started
If your property qualifies for this program and would like to rent to one of our participants email [email protected] Please provide the address to the property and a description. You may also list your property at www.ilhousingsearch.org for free.List Your Property at IL Housing Search