SEIU Local 73
All resumes are due to HR by the close of business April 4th, 2021, All resumes should be sent to [email protected]
Under the direction of the assigned supervisor, provides administrative support to the housing application process and/or performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, answering telephones, photocopying, preparing mailings, typing, greeting visitors, entering codes into the computer, and file routing, retrieval, and replacement.
- Performs general clerical duties, including but not limited to filing, answering telephones, photocopying, preparing mailings, typing, faxing, and file routing, retrieval, and replacement.
- Performs receptionist functions and assists visitors with a high degree of professionalism.
- Makes computer entries in an accurate and timely manner.
- Utilizes computer system for entering or viewing data/codes such as inspection outcomes, work orders, rent amounts, etc, within required time frames.
- Updates and merges information to the master files as necessary.
- May monitor, distribute, and prepare purchase orders for office supplies as necessary.
- May review documents that are submitted for completeness and validity.
- May maintain and update the waiting list as necessary.
- May calculate tenant payments to determine eligibility for assistance.
- May prepare presentation packets for briefings.
- Assists in the intake area as requested.
- Processes paperwork of applicants.
- Responds to all phone, mail, or visitor inquiries.
- Maintains files, logs, and prepares reports as instructed.
- Utilizes available records to provide correct and timely assistance to callers, visitors, and other staff members, as instructed.
- Types letters, memoranda, and other required communication/reports.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and refers them to the proper source.
- Sorts open and distribute mail/faxes on the same day as received.
- Maintains a filing system and processes incoming correspondence as instructed.
- Compiles and generates reports.
- Rotates files to storage when necessary.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Authority policies.
- Meets or exceeds applicable job-related HUD performance standards such as review new intake clients for eligibility within 30 days; review and request third party verification within 10 days; answer calls and greet visitors within three minutes, etc.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May serve as a back-up to other employees on leave/break.
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Responsible for safety while performing all facets of the job and observes all Housing Authority safety procedures, as well as all local, state, and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent. College-level coursework or secretarial training preferred.
- Two-four (2-4) years related work experience.
- Certified voucher specialist or occupancy specialist preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate multiple line switchboard in an efficient, professional manner.
- Organizational skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including knowledge of Word, Excel, and related applications.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical functions.
- Ability to type 35 words per minute.
- Ability to proofread materials for accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with the general public, applicants, residents, and staff.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and work independently.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate, and timely reports.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS OPERATED
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Standard office equipment
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- May require availability to work beyond the normal workday.
- The work environment consists substantially of indoor office activities performed in a heated/air-conditioned setting.
- May occasionally travel to various work locations. Must have own transportation.
- Position requires the need to walk, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Contact with owners and tenants may become hostile at times.
- Requires stooping, bending, crouching, and/or reaching for files or tools.
- Frequent repetitive hand movement (e.g. typing).
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license and insurance if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.
Date Approved: 12/16/15