SEIU Local 73
All resumes due to HR by the close of business on April 4, 2021. Please email resumes to [email protected]
Under the general direction of the Property Manager, makes maintenance repairs to units and maintains building exteriors in accordance with HUD and HACC specifications and standards.
- Makes necessary repairs and provides final clean-up of vacant apartments for occupancy in accordance with HUD and HACC requirements and specifications.
- Makes repairs necessary to maintain HUD and HACC standards for occupied units.
- Performs plastering, drywalling, painting, and touch-ups were required.
- Performs carpentry including repair and installation of doors, cabinets, stairs, handrails, screens, locks, windows, etc.
- Prepares floors including re-tiling, patching, scrubbing, buffing, stripping, waxing, shampooing, etc.
- Performs plumbing tasks including, but not limited to repair and replacement of faucets, pipes, valves, sinks, drains, water closets, laves, vanities, etc., as needed.
- Removes installs and makes repairs to appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, furnaces, hot water heaters, and air conditioners.
- Repairs and replaces electrical equipment such as safety alarms, light fixtures, light bulbs, wall outlets, switches, breakers, and covers in a safe manner.
- Checks and repairs utilities including furnaces, heating, hot water systems, and thermostats.
- Performs property landscaping such as watering, fertilizing, mowing, edging, trimming, pruning, planting, weeding, and grass cutting.
- Maintains exteriors of Authority buildings by repairing downspouts, patching roofs, tuckpointing, repairing doors, replacing hardware, water blasting, board-ups, window glazing, and cleaning.
- Provides general ground maintenance including, but not limited to sweeping, debris removal, and pothole patching, policing, and snow and ice removal for required curb appeal.
- Cleans and maintains HACC offices, storage areas, warehouses, shops, garages, and common areas.
- Responds in a timely manner to emergencies that may occur after regular hours, during weekends, or on holidays as assigned.
- Maintains Authority-issued communication equipment in good operating condition and keeps in response mode for routine and emergency calls.
- May direct the work activities of janitor helpers and others as assigned regarding cleaning assignments and supply distribution.
- Requisitions parts and maintains proper inventory levels for routine repair, replacement, and cleaning projects.
- Maintains and is responsible for Authority tools, equipment, vehicles, supplies, and materials issued. Secures items from damage or theft due to neglect or abuse.
- Completes and provides all required reports, records, and daily work orders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Attends training programs that may be conducted off-site and require travel.
- Informs supervisors of possible vacated units, and any conditions that may pose a health or safety concern to residents, staff, or Authority property.
- Maintains personal telephone service and provides a current telephone number to the Authority.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Authority policies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- May need to work at various sites throughout HACC.
- Practices good safety habits, uses proper safety equipment and material handling devices; wears eye protection, safety gloves, shoes with leather tops and hard bottoms, seat belts, etc.
- Wears issued work uniform on regular duty, overtime, and Authority authorized business and travel only.
- Reports workplace accidents and injuries to supervisors in accordance with established procedures.
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Meets or exceeds applicable job-related HUD performance standards particularly PHAS.
- Responsible for safety while performing all facets of the job and observes all Housing Authority safety procedures, as well as all local, state, and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years related skilled or semi-skilled work experience in property rehab, general building/property cleaning, and equipment maintenance/repair. Must have working experience with plastering, painting, carpentry, plumbing, and electrical systems and working knowledge of materials and equipment used in building and grounds maintenance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of boilers, HVAC, plumbing, carpentry, mechanical systems, and electrical repair/installation.
- Ability to read pressure gauges, valves, thermometers, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate and interact appropriately with the general public, applicants, residents, and staff.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and work independently.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS OPERATED
- Various maintenance equipment including but not limited to a drill, rodding machine, sander, saws, paint sprayer, hand tools, floor stripper, snow blower, and lawnmower.
- Truck with plow attachment.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires availability to work beyond the normal workday.
- The work environment consists substantially of indoor and outdoor fieldwork, including inclement weather with wet and humid conditions.
- Frequent travel to various work locations in all weather conditions. Must have own transportation.
- Position requires the need to walk, sit, and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires stooping, bending, crouching, reaching, and climbing stairs/ladders.
- Contact with owners and tenants may become hostile at times.
- Occasional repetitive hand movement (e.g. tools).
- May lift and carry up to 65 pounds. May push or pull heavier objects such as appliances, furniture, etc.
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable according to agency guidelines only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.