Director of Marketing/Communications/P.R.
Chief of Staff
All resumes are due to [email protected] by the close of business on August 13th.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Marketing/Communications/P.R. is responsible for planning, development, and implementation of all the organization’s marketing strategies, marketing communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Oversees the development and implementation of support materials and services for chapters in the area of marketing, communications, and public relations.
- Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive marketing, communications and public relations program that will enhance the agency’s image and position within the marketplace and the general public.
- Facilitate internal and external communications and all the agency’s marketing, communications, and public relations activities and materials including publications, media relations, newsletter, website, and social media.
- Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of all HACC’s publications.
- Coordinate media interest in the organization and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests.
- Coordinate the appearance of all Organization print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of the logo, brochures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee programs, technical assistance, and resource materials to assist chapters in the marketing, communications, and positioning of their activities.
- Plans, organize, and coordinate special events each fiscal year for the overall organization.
- Recruits volunteer for projects and serve as the primary point of contact.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the organization at meetings, special and media events in the instance the Executive Director is unavailable.
- Develop partnerships for the purposes of media attention, services to residents or staff donations/contributions of materials, time, funding, etc. for the agency activities.
- Acts as a liaison for agency-resident meetings.
- Responsible for developing and implementing outreach and marketing activities and strategies to promote the agency’s mission to our targeted public. This should be done through a combination of personal contacts, brochures, mass mailings, public presentations, special events, the internet, etc.
- Develop and implement an annual outreach plan that includes promotional and educational strategies.
- Updates and maintains the agency’s website regularly with events, information and news promoting programs, affordable housing, agency highlights, etc.
- Provides an update to the viral and social networking Medias such as Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc.
- Manages professional service contracts to ensure deliverables such as services, completed/materials provided, cost remains within the contracted amount, invoices are verified and paid , the contract remains valid as needed; renewed if necessary.
- Performs all duties in accordance with Authority policies.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state, and federal regulations.
- Meets or exceeds applicable job-related HUD performance standards particularly PHAS.
- Responsible for safety while performing all facets of the job and observes all Housing Authority safety procedures, as well as all local, state, and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Ability to multi-task and complete assignments that sometimes occur in a stressful environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Program evaluation experience helpful.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in a related field of study from a four year accredited college or university.
- Minimum five (5) years of Marketing or related work experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of senior-level management experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of applicable national, state and local rules, regulations, statutes, policies, and procedures regarding Low-Income Housing, or other housing types as determined by the Department at the time of job posting
- Knowledge of operating policies and procedures of the HACC Low-Income Housing Program.
- Ability to write and develop appropriate policies and procedures for operations and compliance. Organizational and problem-solving skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to write and proofread materials for accuracy.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access and related applications.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate in oral and written forms and interact appropriately with the general public, applicants, residents, and staff.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate, and timely reports.
- Personal computer and peripherals
- Standard office equipment.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires availability to work beyond the normal workday.
- The work environment consists substantially of indoor office activities performed in a heated/air-conditioned setting.
- Position requires the need to sit, stand, bend, climb, and/or stretch for extended periods of time.
- Frequent travel to various work locations in all weather conditions. Must have own transportation.
- Frequent repetitive hand movement (e.g. typing).
- Contact with owners and tenants may become hostile at times.
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record, and carry Illinois state minimum insurance, employee mobility is necessary to perform essential duties of this position.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered.