Assistant Property Manager
All resumes are due to [email protected] by the close of business on August 13th.
Under the general direction of Asset Manager, assist in the day-to-day management of public housing facility including collecting rent, leasing apartments, supervises maintenance and administrative staff and addressing tenant issues and enforcing leasing in accordance with HUD and HACC regulations, policies and procedures.
- As assigned by Supervisor, all aspects of project operations, including the supervision of all assigned administrative staff.
- As assigned by Supervisor, responsible for leasing, occupancy of all dwelling units and collecting rent at the local management level as determined by existing policies and procedures.
- Provides orientation to prospective tenants regarding HUD rules and regulations.
- As assigned, inspects and supervises the maintenance of grounds and building to include but not limited to the conducting of housekeeping inspections in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- As assigned, supervises timely completion of work orders.
- Interfaces with other HACC employees, social service agencies, etc., regarding the needs of residents.
- As assigned, prepares budget estimates, exercises budget controls and maintains required accounting records for funds and property.
- Attempts to resolve tenant/management problems and supervises the necessary assistance to tenant community activities and property.
- Establishes a good rapport with tenant organizations.
- Supervises the maintenance of necessary records and the preparation of required reports.
- Conducts rent counseling sessions and serves required notices.
- Counsel residents regarding delinquent rent or violations.
- Insures responses to after-hour emergencies.
- Informs supervisors of any adverse conditions or situations which pose a threat to the health and safety of residents, staff, and property.
- As assigned, completes special building projects through obtaining bids and contracting with vendors.
- Submits forms, invoices, and reports timely.
- Provides leadership, example, and direction to staff.
- Represents the agency internally and externally as appropriate.
- Assures HUD regulations are followed, including PHAS.
- As assigned, trains staff on policies and procedures.
- Monitors work subordinates for accuracy, conformance to policy and achievement of goals as well as the work of multiple work units that have related functions: responsibility for the work includes: accuracy quantity, quality, and completeness.
- Meets or exceeds applicable job-related HUD performance standards particularly PHAS including but not limited to vacancy turnaround within two weeks, lease-up of vacancies within three days of readiness, inspect 100% of units quarterly, collect 100% of rent or take appropriate action, etc.
- As assigned, assures adherence to the agency’s Admission and Continued Occupancy Plan.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares documents for legal proceedings/cases.
- Complies with applicable job-related local, state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for safety while performing all facets of the job and observes all Housing Authority safety procedures, as well as all local, state and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Promotes positive customer relations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of applicable national, state and local rules, regulations, statutes, policies, and procedures regarding low-income housing or other housing type as determined by the department at the time of job posting.
- Ability to write and develop appropriate policies and procedures for operations and compliance.
- Knowledge of problems and needs of families in low-income housing.
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of fair housing, tenant and landlord regulations.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy including knowledge of Word, Excel and related applications.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical functions.
- Ability to write and proofread materials for accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work effectively with others and work independently.
- Analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability.
- Ability to produce clear, accurate and timely reports.
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS OPERATED
- Personal computer and peripherals.
- Standard office equipment.
- May be required to drive a truck.
ADDITIONAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires availability to work beyond the normal workday.
- The work environment consists substantially of on-site office work as well as outdoor to inspect grounds.
- Occasional travel to various work locations in all weather conditions. Must have own transportation.
- Position requires the need to walk, sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Requires stooping, bending, crouching and/or reaching for files or tools.
- Contact with owners and tenants may become hostile at times.
- Frequent repetitive hand movement (e.g. typing).
- May lift, carry and/or push up to 20 pounds.
- Appointees will be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable according to agency guidelines only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform essential duties of the position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent in a related field of study from a four year accredited college or university preferred.
- Two (2) years related supervisory work experience required, public housing experience preferred.
- PHM Certification within one (1) year of employment.
This job description is subject to change and in no manner states or implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. The qualifications listed above are guidelines, other combinations of education and experience that could provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job will be considered
Date Approved: 12/16/15