Employment Preparation and Retention
HACC Human Services will seek to find partners who will assist residents with employment preparation, placement, and retention services. These services not only assist residents to meet the community service requirement but to also assist residents on a pathway to self-sufficiency. Services include, but are not limited to:
Work readiness, skill development, and career advancement
Community Service Hour Compliance
Placement in Section 3 opportunities among other employment opportunities
HACC Human Services seeks to partner with organizations that can provide residents with Tests of Adult Basic Education (TABE) to determine if any literacy or educational deficiencies are present that would create a barrier.
HACC Human Services seeks to partner with local schools to provide GED preparation courses as well as connect residents with other educational opportunities through other organizations.
Residents who have completed their high school diploma or GED are encouraged to engage in college or other post-secondary education opportunities.
General Education Development (GED)
More free classes for GED preparation at Prairie State College.
Locate Job Fairs and Events in your area
Financial Aid Resources:
Section 3 Resident Registration Portal
Human Services is very pleased to announce the Section 3 Resident Registration Portal has been activated and is open for your registration.
- We are very pleased to announce the Section 3 Resident Registration Portal has been activated and is open for your registration.If you are looking for employment, please follow these steps:
- Click on: https://nahro.economicengine.com/registration/section3/index.html?nocache=51788088
- Click on Section 3 Resident Registration
- Select the State of Illinois
- Select the Housing Authority of Cook County
- Select your Housing Site
- Fill out your information
- Click Submit button
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org