Participants must first meet these requirements:
- Have lived in their current unit for at least a year and be eligible to move under their current lease agreement
- Have a current, complete annual re-certification
- Have given notice to their current landlord of their intent to move
MOVING PAPER BRIEFINGS
A Moving Paper Briefing is a mandatory class where participants receive up to date information about the rules of the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The Briefing will also give information about the steps in the Moving Process and the Mobility Program, a program to assist families in moving to opportunity areas. Participants should be prepared for the class to last up to two (2) hours in order to receive moving papers.
- Attending a Moving Paper Briefing does not authorize participants to move into a new unit.
- All new units must be approved through the HACC’s Moving Process.
FOR LANDLORD’S ONLY
All requests to have your address changed must be in writing and should include the following:
Former address, current address, vendor ID number, landlord’s signature, tenant’s name, and property address.
All requests for address changes should be addressed as follows:
Housing Authority of Cook County
175 West Jackson, Suite 350
Chicago, IL 60604
ATTENTION: Anne Richmond, Owner Services
Under no circumstances will a change of address request be accepted over the telephone or via email.