It is a good business decision to participate in the Community Choice Program (CCP)
The HACC has a new program under the HCV Program that offers all the traditional benefits of the HCV Program and more. The Community Choice Program’s sole purpose is to assist tenants in finding units in qualifying areas—opportunity areas. For landlords, it is an opportunity to decrease your vacancy rates, eliminate all marketing costs associated with qualifying units and finding clients who have a source of stable income to afford and make rent payments.
- Stabilize your cash flow in an unstable economy
- Eliminate marketing and advertising costs
- Decrease vacancy rates
- Reduction in property taxes for certain units
There are some cities and towns in suburban Cook County where the entire community is considered an opportunity area. Click the CCP link below to find out if you have a unit in a city or town in an opportunity area.
Additionally, there are other towns and cities in suburban Cook County that have a mix of opportunity areas and traditional areas. The areas are identified by census tract and you may also click the CCP link below to find out if you have a unit in a census tract that is in an opportunity area.
To find your census tract, click the census tract link: http://factfinder2.census.gov
1. Go to http://factfinder2.census.gov
2. On the right hand side, you’ll see “Find Census Data by Entering a Street Address”
3. Click “Street Address”
4. Enter the address of the unit for rent
5. Under “Geography Name,” find the census tract number for the unit’s city
Contact the CCP Department at email@example.com
CCP DEPARTMENT STAFF – MOBILITY COUNSELORS
Ms. Tarrena Parks
Ms. Gail Marshall